Sunday, July 22, 2007

We should go to the grocery store...

So it is 7:15 on Sunday evening and instead of making a grocery list and heading off to to the grocery store I am sitting down and finally starting a blog. After looking at several blog-hosting websites, I decided to check out blogspot, since several people I know use this one. I immediately discovered that you must first have a gmail account to use blogspot, so Garet invited me to join gmail. When I went to create an account for myself, I discovered that I had an old gmail account I had set up in 2003 and then promptly forgot about! So I just went through about 450 emails that I didn't realize I had ever gotten. Now I realize why I never got any of the emails about my friend Nate's band events and other such ongoings in his life!

So I am trying to figure out what I want to put on my blog, and this is what I am thinking so far. Crafty projects (primarily works in progress), food-related items (including recipes, photos, restaurant and cookbook reviews), travel-related photos (since these never get printed), apartment / house-related photos and updates, and other miscellaneous things that are going on around here.

So why ulula hoots? This is the latin root of the word 'owl' or 'owl's hoot'. I have had a love for all (well, most) things owl for a long time now, so this seemed good enough for me. Now, on to figuring out how to post some photos...

No comments: