Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bucephalus, the beautiful black workhorse of a mixer:




Here is some pasta Garet & I recently made. It is SO worth it to make your own pasta. We made lasagna with parsley leaves pressed into for the most delicious one of the most delicious pasta dishes I have ever eaten.


Can't figure out how to move these photos apart from each other!

Okay, on last thing. I asked my friend Sarah C to recommend a good vegetarian cookbook. She immediately suggested Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. I got this as a xmas gift (thank you!) and cannot stop making things from it. I recommend it heartily to anyone and everyone. It is a pleasure to read, incredibly useful, and has won a James Beard award, as have most of her other cookbooks, which all happen to be vegetarian. A mighty feat, indeed, as far as I am concerned. I just got back from visiting Sarah and her adorable baby and wonderful husband. While I was there, I looked through two of Deborah Madison's other cookbooks and decided to make the Mexican Vegetable Soup with Avocado and Lime from The Greens Cookbook for supper tonight. I added some fried tortilla strips, and immediately had another amazing winner! I can't wait to eat some more for lunch tomorrow and to share it with Garet when he gets back from Philadelphia.



Well now, I think I have finally figured out the secret to blogger...

1 comment:

Michele said...

I love my kitchen aide too!