Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 2 in a Row!

Okay, I think Thursday will be my day for blogging. It has been a super busy week. I have looked at studio space and found a good fit, but don't yet know if we can have it (I had to write a proposal), so I am waiting to hear before posting any photos.




The leaves are starting to turn like crazy. Several people I've talked to that are long time VT-residents have said this is the most spectacular the leaves have been in years. It is unbelievable and it is only just beginning.



This is what I see when I open my eyes in the morning and look out the window.


Last weekend we drove down to a town in the mountains to pick up a big restaurant sink I found on craigslist for $50! The person who was selling it lived in the middle of nowhere in this beautiful house. He was an artist and super nice and I took this photo of a sculpture in his yard.



We borrowed a pick-up truck from Joan, Garet's mom, to get the sink, and these are some little critters I found in her yard that morning.




The cocoon has what a nearly-formed monarch butterfly inside. I couldn't believe the gold beads on the outside. When I got up close, I could see the wings pressed up against the translucent green cocoons. 

The wooly caterpillar says it is going to be very cold for a short time at the beginning of winter. We shall see... 



No comments: